As you may know, a two year trial of a Recovery College was funded in the ACT Budget. A Consortium of organisations including MHCC ACT are working to get the trial up and running as soon as possible. This is just a quick update on what we have been doing behind the scenes, whilst waiting for the funding to be sorted out.
- A proposal for funding was completed and sent to ACT Health for their consideration.
- Work on building an evaluation strategy has begun. Academics at the ANU, both from the Centre for Mental Health Research and the Medical School, are working together to build a system so that we can gather the necessary evidence for future funding. Also discussions were held with other Australian Recovery Colleges to gather information about what methods were used and data collected in their evaluation strategies.
- Discussions with Consortium members are ongoing. A Memorandum of Understanding has been drafted to send to members for their input. We are also talking to one member of the Consortium to scope out accommodation for the Recovery College team and initial venues for courses.
- Preliminary work on recruiting the Recovery College Manager and the Recovery College Education Manager is underway.
- Two Recovery College Design Steering Committee meetings have been held to update the committee on the work being undertaken.
There is still an enormous amount of work to do to get the College up and running. We are looking to the Canberra community to help with this exciting new venture. If you would like to be involved, please click here and fill out the form so you get the latest information.
More information on the ACT Recovery College and recovery colleges in general can be found here