Do you have policy skills and experience with mental health consumer & carer issues?
Are you looking for an opportunity to strengthen the voice of mental health consumers & carers in policy development and reform?
Mental Health Community Coalition ACT (MHCC ACT), the peak body for community mental health services in the ACT, is seeking a dynamic person with lived experience of mental health issues (consumer or carer) to support the ACT Consumer Carer Caucus and MHCC ACT consumer carer engagement.
The Consumer Carer Policy, Participation & Engagement Officer will assist Caucus representatives to distil consumer carer input into policy analysis and input, and to maximise the impact of consumer carer input in the work of MHCC ACT. This role will also assist Caucus to strengthen relationships and partnerships with other consumer and carer organisations and networks, and provide administrative support to Caucus, such as organising meetings and preparing meeting papers.
- Flexible part-time (15hrs per week) position
- Contract until 30 June 2019 (possibility of extension)
- Multiple Enterprise Agreement Level 4/5, $62,156 – $74,535 p/a (pro rata), plus 9.5% superannuation plus generous salary packaging options.
- Based in the Griffin Centre, Canberra City
- Lived experience of mental health issues as a consumer or carer essential
This role will suit someone with policy skills, knowledge of mental health policy frameworks, and a demonstrated commitment to consumer carer engagement and participation.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 9AM MONDAY 11 FEBRUARY 2019