MHCC ACT undertakes regular consultation with members, consumers and carers providing an influential and trusted voice to Government on mental health policy and strategic direction.
Through our policy work, we aim to:
- Address structural challenges affecting the sector,
- Showcase the contribution and positive outcomes delivered by community based services,
- Improve service provision under the NDIS for people with psychosocial disability and mental illness,
- Advocate for sustainable funding models,
- Assist policy makers to address service gaps, and
- Ensure lived experience is at the heart of the ACT’s mental healthcare strategy.
Our policy work includes written submissions to Government inquiries, discussion papers and taskforce reviews, as well as direct engagement with policy makers.
To learn more about MHCC ACT’s policy work, view our recent submissions or read about our work to improve the quality and provision of mental health services under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).