Our training workshops, seminars and other events offer practical knowledge and promote informed dialogue on a range of contemporary issues relevant to mental health professionals, consumers and carers. MHCC ACT members receive discounts on all training events. Attendance is open to sector employees, consumers, carers and the public.
'Peace in Practice' - remaining effective in turbulent situations
The 'Peace in Practice’ workshop has been designed by the Quest for Life Foundation to increase the compassion, skill, capacities and knowledge of health and wellbeing professionals. Focusing on resilience and self-care, participants at this workshop will leave equipped with a tool kit of strategies to support their work, which are based on the latest scientific research on health, healing, neuroscience and epigenetics.
A great way to start afresh for the New Year!
Book via Eventbrite
- 4 keys of resilience and peace as a basis for your life and career
- Who you are is as important as what you know and do
- How to care for yourself physically, mentally and emotionally
- What to offer when you can’t fix it, change it or make it better
- Positive impact of neuroplasticity and epigenetics in our daily lives
- Equipped with effective communication tools for difficult circumstances
- Understanding the need and value of self-care
- Increased ability to remain effective in turbulent situations
- Better able to access the most valuable characteristics of an entrained brain – insight, intuition, wisdom, humour, spontaneity, creativity and compassion
- More understanding of yourself and with an increased respect for your own story
About the Facilitator
The workshop will be led by Petrea King (pictured below), Founder and CEO of the Quest for Life Foundation. She is a best-selling author of 9 books and a dozen meditation practices, a frequent keynote speaker at medical and other conferences, a facilitator, teacher and trainer. For the past 15 years, Petrea has been a monthly guest on the ABC Radio’s ‘Midweek Conference’ and ‘Nightlife’ where she discusses the challenges of living a meaningful life in the midst of illness, trauma, difficult circumstances and tragedy.
Petrea King, our Facilitator for this workshop
This is a two-day workshop running on Wednesday 27 and Thursday 28 February, starting at 9.00am on both days and running until 5.00pm. Venue is in Civic, see the 'Eventbrite' page for details.
Your attendance at this two-day workshop is heavily subsidised (by over 75% for the average attendee) by the Mental Health Community Coalition of the ACT.
Book soon! - 'Early Bird' pricing ends 3.00pm on 24 January.
Book via Eventbrite